Tuesday, May 29, 2007

the waiting game

It's Tuesday morning, and I'm quite fidgety. I was supposed to have keys to my new place at 10am. I have utilities going into my name as of today, and I have four appointments lined up this week for contractors to come in and give me estimates on things I need to tweak. And I have no keys. I'm just sort of sitting here waiting for the phone to ring.

So meanwhile....I figured I'd post some photos from the trip to keep my mind off things:

Another butt/beer photo op


Fort Worth Fire Station No. 1

Inside the fire stations is the museum of the history of Ft.Worth, which we spent some time trolling. I love learning about the local history whenever I visit a city.


Ball-Eddleman-McFarland House

I saw this building perched on a hill and TheMostImportantGuy drove around until we found it. We didn't get to go inside, but if I'm ever back in the area, I would love to. Here's info about it.


Mouse....just for you:

Jackelope.



An R2-D2 mailbox. I love it.


Taken from the freeway...




...the sign points to a big blue aluminum sided shed. I'd go there for surgery, wouldn't you??? ummm yah.

Me playing dress up.

I was going to just settle for a picture of me wearing it, but when TheMIG's eyes lit up with that big of smile, it had to come home with me.

Oh, the things he could get me to do with that look. I shudder at the possibilities.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update: got a call from the realtor while I was uploading photos.
It looks like I will get keys today, and paperwork will be signed allowing me access to the property.

Apparently escrow could close without this one missing document from the seller, but both my realtor and the escrow company advise against it (rightly so) as it could come back to haunt me when I sell the house later.

As incentive for the seller to get her paperwork in order, she will be held responsible for the proration of any/all/everything until the escrow officially closes. And she doesn't get a dime out of the escrow account until it closes.

I think it's going to be okay. I should get keys this afternoon, and I can keep all of my appointments this week with people I have coming in to change things before I start moving stuff in.
I'm excited!! *smile*
But guarded. *frown*
But I'm not flipping out (which is unusual for me), and the tension that I do have will go away once everything is finalized.


And now, we return to our previously scheduled program:

Purging and Packing
brought to you by our sponsor--one SeriouslyClutteredHome.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

dI know it'd be adding one more thing to your workload of moving, but perhaps some of the tips on this place can help with the purging and uncluttering for the move:

http://unclutterer.com/

I've actually gone through and cleaned out a lot of crap from my house lately inspired by them. I still haven't touched the bulk of the clutter yet, though. Alas.

Can't wait to see the pics of your new home with your mods and stuff in it :D

Romi said...

Dude! A jackalope! :)

jodi said...

So glad to hear that the hassle is almost over. Now to get down to the fun part, making an empty space into your new home.

Mouse said...

hooray for Jackalopes! My husband was so irritated with me when we drove through Texas and I kept asking folks if they'd seen one. It really confused the locals.. and kept me amused for a VERY long drive.
Hooray house keys! I'm glad you didn't have to change your appointments. If you keep sweating like that I'll have to send you some deodorant. Lucky for you.. I happen to have a few extras. hee hee hee.

M-H said...

holding my breath downunder...

JessZ said...

For such a conservative state they seem to be an awfully preoccupied with asses.

Glad to hear the house is very nearly almost completely yours.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Why does buying a house have to be so stressful? Nothing ever seems to work according to plan, but it usually turns out just fine. Glad you're nearing the end of the process. Have fun moving in.

Anonymous said...

What is it with Texas and butts and beer???

How come you're the first person who's ever shown me this side of Texas?