Saturday, February 17, 2007

the week in review

Monday Night: Puking marathon.

Tuesday: Napping on hospital guerney. Frequent pokes, prods, and x-rays.

Tuesday Night: Confusion about what day it is. Recon mission to Jamba Juice. Lord Of The Rings as lullaby.

Wednesday: All day spent discussing legal/lawsuit matters. Should have been resting, got 7 hours on the phone with attorneys instead. No food appealing, not even chocolate (read as = something definitely amiss).

Wednesday Night: Every muscle in body sore from the previous day's hurl-a-thon; Wonton soup with TheMostImprotantGuy. Wonder why settling the lawsuit doesn't feel like a huge relief. Finish the last dvd in the 5th and final season of Six Feet Under.

Thursday: Sour stomach. Would consider doing illegal things to obtain a massage, but too frumpy looking to attract customers. Watch more laundry pile up.

Thursay Night: Teach dance class. Rehearsal until midnight. No rest for the weary.

Friday: Body feels like crap. Mind unusually quiet. Breathing noticeably different. Thinking the last time I breathed this deep was 3 years ago.

Friday Night: Mom's chicken soup (the ElixerOfLife); Visiting with my 92 ("and a 1/2," says she) year-old grandmother visiting from out of state. Begin writing this blogpost from Dad's computer. Think that "the man who has everything" really needs me to get him DSL for his birthday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Rewind....and take a look at Wednesday night again.
I tried to slip in some big news when ya' weren't lookin'.
Now let's all join hands and sing Kumbaya (or pogo around and sing Blister In The Sun or something).

For those keeping track, I accepted a settlement offer in my lawsuit.





I'm afraid to talk about it too much because I'm afraid I'm going to jinx it. It sort of feels like knowing that you are pregnant, but only by a few weeks, and you're trying to figure out how to walk around with a dumb ass grin on your face, because you're trying to wait a little longer for things to "stick" before you go telling people.

As far as I'm concerned with this lawsuit, it aint over til the PhatLady sings, and she hasn't sung yet. So I'm announcing it, but I still haven't had a glass of champagne yet (which could partially be attributed to the fact that my tummy is still messed up and I'm afraid that the person I toast would be wearing it). This probably wont really hit me until the papers are signed (which is weeks away). Currently I am in some sort of phase of shock, denial, and/or suspicion about the whole thing.

TheMIGuy guesses it won't hit me until I see actual money. If that's the case, then just seeing the money probably wont be enough....I will probably need to go out to celebrate at a restaurant without worrying if some check is bouncing somewhere because I just used my ATM card LOL.

One big shift though. I did, at least, wake up yesterday morning not fretting about next week's court date (now moot). And it was a noticeable difference.
I felt a whole lot lighter.
I had a glimpse.
And all was quiet on the western front.
For the first time in a long time, I saw space inside my head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those of you who have been hanging out being the best cheerleaders and mojo-providers ever:
THANK YOU.

Mission Accomplished.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! Plop, plop, fizz, fizz! ...;)

JohnK said...

Yes!!!

I almost made a comment about the sneaky slipping in of important info, then I read down a little bit further.

Is life feeling a wee bit lighter?
Free to create that dance now.

Anonymous said...

I will say a tentative congratulations! I think I know a little bit how you feel. It's like when they told us G didn't have cancer in his body. We were very happy of course, but at the same time like what? You mean it's over? It's a good feeling, yes, but quite surreal.

I will say this - I'd start looking at yarn for a really nice cashmere sweater. You know. Just in case it all works out.

I'm so glad you've got some glimpses of peace.

Anonymous said...

WooHoo!!

Mazel Tov!

Kerry said...

This is absolutely wonderful news!!! Even if it is still "tentative." Be sure to let us know when it's ok to have an official toast so we can all raise a glass. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh AWESOME!! I'm so happy for you. And I'll be happier when you tell us that it's really there, in hand. I hope you start feeling lighter and lighter (and healthier and healthier) every day.

jodi said...

Brilliant. This is wonderful news. I think it's normal for something like this to take a while to sink in; when a certain stress is with us for a long time we begin to think of it as permanent, and even though we don't want that stress in our lives it can be hard to let go of it right away. It's not the sort of thing you leap up and shout about, more the sort of thing you slowly unfold from, stretch out and feel the air around you and then finally shake it off.

M-H said...

Weel done. I am very pleased for you. I hope you can let go of your need to hold on tight to everything soon if you know what I mean!) and start making some plans.

Mouse said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Delurking to say congratulations. And I hope you're starting to feel better. I was reading your previous post and agreeing that Jamba Juice is always the best when nothing else sounds good. Mmmm. I hope everything with the settlement continues to go smoothly, and that you can settle into the peace of knowing it's over.

Kathy said...

I'm a recent lurker so I only know bits of the story, but even so I'm glad you are on the verge -- or even tipping over a bit -- of being able to move on with your life in some decent style. All my best wishes and hugs for complete and unadulterated success. With many $ attached.

Anonymous said...

I hope this means you can look for new neighbors. :)

Anonymous said...

hooooooray!!!

JessZ said...

Congratulations! (knock on wood)

InkyW said...

i have two words - ROAD TRIP!!

ok, one more word - YAY!! wait, that's not a word, it's a sound, so .... CONGRATS!!

Wheelchair Dancer said...

huge hugs. this is wonderful news. may I raise a glass?

WCD

Anonymous said...

Excellent. I hope the pay-out is ample enough to cover everything with something left over for your future.

(Also, I deeply love the expression "hurl-a-thon." Geez. Maybe you got some of that bad peanut butter or something.)

Best wishes.

Lorena said...

With apologies to the VF--

When you go walking
You strut your stuff
You're no longer strung out!
You will go ooooooooon,
like a blister in the sun!

Mazel Tov!

Let us know when we can break out the champagne!

~Donna~ said...

Congrats on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! It's almost over. I am almost celebrating for you!

Glad you are feeling better too!

I second the notion that you should leave the asswipe neighbors behind.

Awesome news all around.

Hugs,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Of course we'll have the real party when it's all official.

Plus I had to sneak a little comment about Six Feet. Did you luve it!?

Anonymous said...

yay!
*happy dance*

Dani said...

Ohhh, the birds have come to roost - I am so happy to hear that you are finding some peace! Congratulations, and enjoy the unfolding.

Gray said...

Finally! Great news!