Monday, October 09, 2006

note to self

I got some feedback about the scarf from the last post, and it caused me to reread what I posted. If you are making your own Branching Out...I noted the wrong needle size! I have edited it to correct. I used a US#8 (not a #3). Oops. Sorry, but I was using a template to post the data, and I forgot to overkey that line. Hope nobody cast on without reading their pattern notes ;-)
---------------

Recently there were a couple of posts at a blog that I read it caused me to reflect on why I started (and why I still keep) a blog. Those reasons have changed a bit over this first year. Call me fickle.

When it comes right down to it, though, the bottom line is, I blog for myself.

Sometimes the sharing of my writing, or even just the act of the writing itself, is part of my process with an issue. Sometimes I need to just "put something out there", even if it's just to say something humorous--because laughing is a big part of my process, too. And sometimes I post only to have it serve as a memo to future myself, something that I can look back on later.

You see, senility runs on one side of my family. I have an entire line of predecessors that lose their minds early, but then live to about 100 or so. As I see it, there is a strong possibility that one day I might be some 94 year-old cranky old bag in a rest home with wireless and a laptop. I might have to read my old posts so I know how to introduce myself.



So. The memo for today is:

Lately what's going on in my life is that I'm doing a whole lot of thinking, but not a whole lot of doing. Well, that's not exactly accurate. I actually am doing a whole lot of doing, but I'm not always taking care of doing what it is that I'd been thinking about (if that makes any sense). And this somehow leaves the appearance of having done nothing because the thoughts are still there...not acted upon.

It's making for a busy head and a few sleepless nights.

3 comments:

Mouse said...

I love your Branching Out! I'm concidering doing another one in an eggplant purple Blue Sky Alpaca that I have.. but wasn't sure how it would look being dark. I really love yours in black!
I started blogging because its either this or talk to myself all day long.. hee hee.

Anonymous said...

"...one day I might be some 94 year-old cranky old bag in a rest home with wireless and a laptop. I might have to read my old posts so I know how to introduce myself."

A HA HA HA

And when that day comes, I may be in the next deckchair over and have no idea who you are, even while we chat online.

(I have a family sort of how you describe yours. In our family you either die of some terrible disease before 70, or live demented well into your 90s. It's big fun for everyone involved.)

strangelittlemama said...

I can really, really relate to that last paragraph.