Friday, July 28, 2006

thanks

Thanks for all the nice comments about yesterday's post, folks. I loved them all.
But I have to say, the Best Comment-of-the-Day Award must go to someone who did not make their comment in the comments section. It was made in person.

After teaching dance class last night, I had changed back into what I'd been wearing all day...the girlie scarf, pink lipstick and all...and then I went to visit TheMIG.
When he answered the door he said, "OooOOooooo, it's the girl from the internet....!"

I'm still giggling.


For the record, it's not like I've been intentionally trying to hide my face. In fact, yesterday was not even the first time I'd plastered my mugshot on this blog. I know for a fact it's featured in a couple of show-and-tell shots of a hat and another scarf. And in that bellydance spread the other day, I didn't purposely screen out pictures that had my face in it or something. That's just the way it worked out.

Not to go on and on forever about the frilly pink scarf, but I discovered yesterday that I actually can tie it on. I just need to spend a bit more time finessing the ruffles to make it work. When I wear it tied, it has a sort of Prince and The Revolution feel to it (a la Wendy & Lisa)...which is a much better look on me than Bozo The Clown.

This scarf is not only the girliest thing I have ever knit, but I also think it might just be the girliest thing I have ever owned. As I kid I was more of a tomboy. I wasn't into dolls and I didn't care for things pink, purple and ruffly. If you would have asked me if I'd grow up and consider pink to be "the new red," I would have laughed in your face.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't comment yesterday, but I thought you'd get a kick out of the fact that your hair and eye color is nearly identical to my sisters'. And also, I would kill for your hair, talk about gorgeous!