Wednesday, July 26, 2006

really quick...aren't you glad?


For John, or anyone else who was pondering yesterday's fiber question, here are the thrift store sweaters in question:

They are actually all in decent condition and have been washed. From L to R...100% Pure New Wool, 100% Cashmere, 100% Shetland Wool. One dollar each.

I bought them a year or so ago when I didn't understand that it's insane trying to frog/recycle wool from sweaters of this fine a gauge. So rather than make myself nuts, I'd like to dye them, felt them , cut them up, and get crafty (although the question of they day is which order to do those tasks in).
--------------------

Thanks to Rabbitch for the inspiration, and to TheMIG for installing and giving me a tour.
My blog now has a handy-dandy StatCounter.

YAY! Just in time to find out some turd ended up here googling "get your bumm here."

Ummmmmmm yahhhh. Step right up! Get your fresh hot bumm here!


This is counting this is gonna get interesting, isn't it. (notice there is no question mark at the end of that)

My ticker also started "counting" just in time to find out I've been listed at something called the "Disability Blogs Roundup."
I'm not sure how I feel about this one. On the one hand, this blog seems ethical and I'm glad there are opportunities for people to reach out to others with disabilities. On the other hand, I'm a bit peeved about being added to a list like this without notification or even a tiny hello (I'd never even heard of this blog before).

Isn't the internet lovely. (?)
--------------------------

Speaking of who reads my blog...I forgot to mention this.
Last Friday (the meltdown day), I came home to find scented candles on my bed. My mommy had stopped by my house and placed them on my pillow. She was so tickled that after 39 years I was making my own bed all by myself, that she wanted to give me a little reward.
Hahahaha.
Cute. Thanks mom. Love You :-)

7 comments:

Carol said...

It just occurred to me that I have a book somewhere about recycling sweaters. Give me a little while (oh hell, considering the way my house looks, give me a long while) and I'll find it and see what it says. I mean, hey, a buck each? Cashmere? Ya gotta be able to do something cool with that.

Penny L. Richards said...

Hi! Actually, we mentioned your blog in June's Disability Blogs Roundup too--because we think it's really great. As you probably noticed, we've now been doing the monthly roundups for a year, and we're always on the lookout for fine blogs like yours. Sorry the mentions came off as creepy to you.

(Blog carnivals, parades and roundups, generally link to blogs without notice--or often do, outside the self-nominations. The only goal is to tip off readers to great blogs they might be missing.)

Anonymous said...

I don't know as that I'll ever actually want to make my bed, but the idea of your mom being so thrilled that she left you a treat is so cute. Also, my word verification is hiboozrs I think that's hysterical!

Gray said...

Now if MY mom had left candles on the bed, the meaning would be, "Don't think that I forgot that you rarely made your bed all these years." Family is complicated.

It will be interesting to see if your traffic mirrors the 1% rule of thumb that holds true for Yahoo groups and most blogs: For every 100 people, one will create content, 10 will comment or otherwise actively interact, and 89 will simply look at it.

I hopw that it is cooler out there today.

BeanMama said...

But it's not insane!! Trust me!! It can be done! OK, it's a little insane.

JohnK said...

I've rethought the dyeing before during or after fulling question and now I am leaning to fulling and dyeing at the same time. I think you will get better color saturation. If you want my email is iknitathotmaildotcahm I can yak about textile stuff for hours.

Mike Dorn said...

I've been enjoying reading your blog as well, and wouldn't have come across it without the link in DS,TU. Mike