Saturday, April 15, 2006

treespirit project

Ooooooooooooooo lookie lookie.........

I was leaving dance class Thursday night when I saw the cover of April's Common Ground magazine.





Please check out the artist's website...the images are stunningly beautiful.


Tea Tree Tangle, Jack Gescheidt

I'm drawn to the images out in full blown nature, but I'm finding myself having those wonderful unsettled reactions to the shots of naked bodies in the city trees, too.



Ficus Friends, jack Gescheidt
-------------------------------------------------------

If you will be in the SF Bay Area, there's an upcoming opportunity to work with the artist:

Doff Your Duds and Hug a Tree
You can participate in the world's biggest TreeSpirit photo, which will be staged in Marin, on Sunday, April 23rd from 2-5pm. At least 100 participants are expected and all body types, sizes, ages, races, and physical ablilities are appreciated. For details, contact jack Gescheidt at:
jack@treespiritproject.com. TreeSpirit photographs are on display at the Frantoio restaurant in Mill Valley (frantoio.com) through April 30. For more information, visit TreeSpiritProject.com


I'm super bummed I cant participate in this. It's a busy day for me...our dance studio has the Dance-a-Rama event for National Dance Week, plus I am in the weekend long interview for a slot in Axis Dance Company. I've emailed Jack and asked to be added to his mailing list, though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Gorgeous. Thank you. The black and white move me far more than the color, but I love the concept.

Speaking of cool things to do outside naked with a camera, have you seen this guy's work?

http://www.arnorafaelminkkinen.org/

Ragnar said...

Okay, I know it's art and all...and I think they are really purty, but all i can think about is "bark is really scratchy" and "that's askin' for a sunburn."

So much for my artistic soul.