Friday, April 28, 2006

exhaust

Dudes, I'm fried. It's finally caught up with me.
I've ran right past tired, whizzed by fatigue, and thrown myself headlong into exhaustion.

Many things are contributing to this state.

Lots of daily physical activity in the last week and a half. Intense dancing and auditioning 5 days straight Wednesday through Sunday. Monday night off, but the party Tuesday...and right back to dancing Wednesday and Thursday....and guess what? Another long, challenging rehearsal today, too! Yay!

Add to that the fact that I've also spent the last several days going up and down the hills I live on in a wheelchair because my car was in the shop.

But most importantly, for the first time in my life, I am experiencing continuous problems with sleep. It's not just one sleep issue...it's taking several different forms. I've had some version or another pretty much every night for weeks.

Here's my sleep issue menu:
* I can't fall asleep and I'm up well past 1am.
* I do fall asleep, but toss and turn the whole night, waking every 45 minutes or so.
* I crash out and sleep like rock for 4 hours, but wake at 3am and cant get back to sleep.
* I'm capable of sleep, but someone else in my world is not; ie MyFK with "mommy can you... (insert the variable: tuck me in, get me water, etc etc)"...and if it isn't MyFK, it's my crankly old cat meowing his head off, or it's the racoons that occasionally come onto the front porch at 4am to lick the cat food bowl, making the dogs competely hysterical.


I used to really be amazing on no sleep. Before the accident, I was a caterer and I totally kicked ass. Historically I'm golden with 7 hours of sleep, but back in those days, I could pull a 10-12 hour shift running around like an efficient madwoman...sleep for 4 hours...then get up at the crack of dawn to do it all over again.

But that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
I'm not sure if it's a bi-prodcut of my new physicality or if it's just because, well...let's just say I'm older now ;-)

All I know is that I'm so tired I actually started getting weepy for no reason at all this morning...something about slicing strawberries for breakfast and running out of cream for my coffee is truly a sad thing, I guess.

HA. I was about to type that I'm not even pms-ing and I'm crying for no reason, but I just looked at the calendar...and ummmmm....I'm probably pms-ing.
Mix one-part pms, two parts exhaustion, top with salty snacks, sprinkle with a little caffeine and a dusting of chocolate...and viola! This girl is holding a Molitoff Cocktail. Grand. Must go warn TheMIG to run for cover.


I wish I could tell you that I get to sleep in Saturday morning. What I would love more than anything in the whole world is to just stay in bed all day watching cooking shows on PBS (one of my favorite things in the world to do)...but I can't. I have an appointment with the prosthetist at 9am to get a new socket mounted, and then my parents realllllly want me to go with them to some bar-b-que/art-show/whatever at some winery after the appointment. *sigh*

I'm hoping for a lazy Sunday.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was the only one in the world who knew how sad slicing strawberries and running out of cream in the morning can be...

I'm missing you terribly, but have to make do with reading your blog until finals are over. Big smooch for you!